THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Burdens can come in such small packages....

I am feeling so unbelievably saddened today. I am thinking of Taiwan right now and it's people. I am thinking of what Taiwan as a Country will face this coming summer. As spring approaches you and I think of putting our gardens up and watching our wonderful children play and discover God's wonderful bounty and creation. We consider family vacation and outings with our little ones. Bar B Q's will be a frequent affair in our house and so will outside play and fun. Mowing will be a new chore for the coming months as God awakens each little green blade of grass, flower and tree and transforms a sleeping world. I will watch Jeremiah enjoy the sprinklers again this year and see a smile come across him that will melt my heart for the umpteenth time. I will go about my warm and beautiful days with a lighter heart because I will be breathing fresh air and able to run and be free. As much as I would like to only think about the gifts of spring and summer, because of my present plight in life, my heart is a bit laden with burden. You may ask how after such a description. My burden is for that of another people. The people of which came my son. As I sit here, the facts and numbers of this summer run around in my head and they combat the pretty little dream like thoughts. The numbers totally 400,000 abortions in Taiwan, mostly happening end of summer and early fall months. The number of unwed mothers that will be mothers no more because they chose what they felt is survival and self preservation. I am burdened on behalf of EACH little girl that will lay with someone out of wed lock and lose her innocents only to find more heart ache and unlove at the end. The little girl that once only thought of the newest trend, the latest bobble of beauty, or the most desired and treasured cell phone. I can see her, She was laughing just yesterday, playing with her friends and shopping for fun teen clothing. She just went to a movie and was talking, oh so carefree about the theme of such with a dear one. But that was yesterday, today she is now 2 months pregnant and the whole world is on her little shoulders. She is crying herself to sleep and her family is pressuring her to make a decision before it is "too late". She is reminded everytime she rounds one of life's corners that she is no longer just a teen, but she is now a mother. Her thoughts have turned from the latest trend to, "how do I survive this?" She will be making a decision that will change her life NO MATTER what this week. She will choose life or death, quite plainly put. Life or death for herself, socially, emotionally, literally and life or death for an unborn baby physically and literally. She will be talking to people like His Hands Taiwan, the women's clinic, and missionaries like Luke and Deana Pan, trying to find her way to an answer she feels won't kill her. She will find herself asking herself questions that only an adult should have to answer, but she has no choice about that assignment. It has already been made, she will answer. She will contact orphanages across Taiwan in hopes that they have room for her baby, and when she finds none, she will possibly choose abortion and end the baby's life.
So you ask, "why is it my burden today?" Well my friend, I not only feel a strong burden to adopt from the beautiful "Formosa" but I feel a burden to help the unwed mothers, the teens "Formosa". I wish I could talk to each one and tell them there is not love in the act they are about to take place in, that there is a God that loves them and He wishes to allow them to be children a bit longer. I want to tell them of His saving grace and out stretched hands. I want to tell them that there are people out here praying for them, though we don't know them or their plight in life. AND If I am too late to tell them all of this, then I want so desperately to tell them that there is a God that made that life they carry, there are parents that long for that life they carry and the life they carry longs for a first breath and a chance. I want to tell them that there are people willing and waiting to help them and that there are many out there with the opposite burden of them, the burden of baren womb. I want to tell them that their life is so very important and I want to offer them love. I want to tell them that there is an orphanage that DOES have room.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I am telling you that I am completely guilty of having unbiased compassion for another human being needing love, understanding, and guidance.
I am completely guilty of carrying a burden that would not have been of me, if it were not given.
I am guilty for loving the teen girls of Taiwan whom's fate is my burden.
Now, I am faced with the act of trying to find funding for an orphanage that NEEDS to be built in Taiwan. An orphanage that has beating hearts and will hands waiting to spread the love of God and waiting to save lives, both teen sized and baby sized. BUT I cannot find the very much needed funding to make this burden no more. The funds that will banish it with the arrival of a building. A building that will house these lost souls and small ones too. A building that will for a time give the dear teens of Taiwan a little more time to be children. I ask all that read this, if you know someone that can or will help build an orphanage and make this happen for the teens and women of Taiwan please contact me. I have a burden that I need to share.
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Dearonebaby@aol.com

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Sarah,

I wonder if we could put together some kind of huge fundraiser? I mean something that would attract the corporate world or even the celebrity world.

Let's talk about this more.